Voting at the 2012 General Assembly in Amsterdam, Netherlands (Photo: UIAA)
The UIAA is an international federation, which means that our members are climbing and mountaineering associations from all over the world.
Becoming a member of the UIAA will make your association a part of the global community sharing knowledge and experience in climbing and mountaineering.
As a full or associate member you can:
- Access specialist advice through the network of UIAA volunteer experts, and share your own expertise by volunteering in the specialist commissions and the competition councils.
- Raise the profile of your association globally.
- Take part in the work of developing international standards, as has been set in our UIAA Safety Label and our Training Standards, agreements and guidelines in areas such as guidebooks, instructor training, mountaineering competitive sports or environmental conduct.
- Be eligible to be accredited by the UIAA Training Standards which will review your training and assessment schemes and verify that they have been independently examined by a UIAA expert and endorsed by an international panel.
- Take part in exchanges, seminars and conferences with UIAA members from other countries.
- Enter athletes in the UIAA Ice Climbing World Cups, World Championships and continental championships.
- Be a member of the only international mountaineering federation that is recognised by the United Nations and of course the Olympic Movement. This may mean that your organisation could qualify for recognition and financial support from your National Olympic Committee.
- Benefit from the UIAA’s campaigns to increase free access to mountains all over the world.
All member associations can take part in the annual General Assembly, which is the highest decision making body of the UIAA. If there is no UIAA member association in your country, you can apply for full voting rights. If an UIAA member from your country already exists, you can apply for associate membership with restricted voting rights.
New members must pay a one-time admission fee of 500 Swiss francs. The annual membership fee for a Full and Associate members depends upon the number of members in your association. The minimum annual fee is 1’300 Swiss francs.Join Us
Feel the excitement
Goldwin Korea and UIAA Join Forces - Ice Climbing World Cup
Cheongsong 2013 UIAA Ice Climbing World Cup
Mountain Equipment Testing 2
Trailer - 2013 UIAA Ice Climbing World Cup
UIAA Mountain Equipment Testing 3
Kirov Ice Climbing World Cup 2013
UIAA Ice Climbing World Cup 2008
Mountaineering & Climbing
About the UIAA
CH-3000 Bern 23 Switzerland
Tel: +41 (0)31 370 1828 - Fax: +41 (0)31 370 1838
This is the official website of the
International Climbing and Mountaineering Federation (UIAA)
© 2013 UIAA. All rights reserved.