Voting at the 2012 General Assembly in Amsterdam, Netherlands (Photo: UIAA)
Applications for membership
If you wish to apply for membership please read carefully the Articles of Association and Standing Rules to make sure you support the work of the UIAA and understand and accept your obligations as a future member. The final decision to include new members is made by the General Assembly, after the association has being recommended by the Executive Board and Management Committee.
To apply, please send the following information to the UIAA office.
- A complete and signed
- Proof that your association has existed for at least two years (for example audited accounts, published annual reports etc).
- A deposit of 500 Swiss francs.
We hope you become an associate member.
The UIAA is an international federation, which means that our members are climbing and mountaineering associations from all over the world.
We have millions of individual members, all joined by their common passion for the mountains.
Becoming a member of the UIAA will make your association a part of the global community for climbing and mountaineering. Together we share knowledge and experience. As a full or associate member you can:
- Access specialist advice through the network of UIAA volunteer experts, and share your own expertise by volunteering in the specialist commissions and the competition councils.
- Raise the profile of your association globally.
- Take part in the work of developing international standards, as has been set in our UIAA Safety Label and our Training Standards, agreements and guidelines in areas such as guidebooks, instructor training, mountaineering competitive sports or environmental conduct.
- Be eligible to be accredited by the UIAA Training Standards which will review your training and assessment schemes and verify that they have been independently examined by a UIAA expert and endorsed by an international panel.
- Take part in exchanges, seminars and conferences with UIAA members from other countries.
- Enter athletes in the Ice Climbing World Cups, World Championships and continental championships.
- Be a member of the only international mountaineering federation that is recognised by the United Nations, other international bodies and of course the Olympic Movement. This may mean that your organisation could qualify for recognition and financial support from your National Olympic Committee.
- Benefit from the UIAA’s
campaigns to increase free access to mountains all over the world.
All member associations can take part in the annual General Assembly, which is the highest decision making body of the UIAA. However, only the most important national organisation or federation in a country has the right to vote on all decisions. If there is no UIAA member association in your country, you can apply for full voting rights. If there already is such an organisation, you can apply for associate membership with restricted voting rights.
New members must pay a one-time admission fee of 500 Swiss francs. The annual membership fee for full and associate members depends upon the number of members in your association but the minimum fee is 1’300 Swiss francs.
Full / Associate / Observer Members have specific rights and obligations.
Goldwin Korea and UIAA Join Forces - Ice Climbing World Cup
Cheongsong 2013 UIAA Ice Climbing World Cup
Mountain Equipment Testing 2
Trailer - 2013 UIAA Ice Climbing World Cup
UIAA Mountain Equipment Testing 3
Kirov Ice Climbing World Cup 2013
UIAA Ice Climbing World Cup 2008
Busteni, Romania - 2013 UIAA Ice Climbing World Cup
Mountaineering & Climbing
CH-3000 Bern 23 Switzerland
Tel: +41 (0)31 370 1828 - Fax: +41 (0)31 370 1838
This is the official website of the
International Mountaineering and Climbing Federation (UIAA)
© 2013 UIAA. All rights reserved.