Standing up from left: Milosz Jodlowski
(Poland), Emin Garabhagli (Azerbaijan), Lucia Fopoli (Italy), Clare
Bond (UK, past President of Access Commission) Sitting down: Jonas
Paulsson, (Sweden, Secretary), Peter Farkas, (Hungary, UIAA
Vice-President), Juan J. Ibáñez Martín, (President Access Commission)
(Photo: Juan J. Ibáñez Martín)
About the Access Commission
We understand that access rights must be balanced by responsibility and care for the mountain landscape, bio- and geo-diversity and the cultures and people of the mountains.
This is why the Access Commission works with international associations, and supports our member federations and others to facilitate access to areas while being sensitive to environmental, social, legal and other considerations.
The commission will:
- Promote the freedom to practice mountaineering and climbing in a responsible manner as a fundamental human right.
- Provide advice, with supporting documentation, on the relationship between mountaineering and climbing and environmental, social and legal considerations.
- Encourage best practice in harmonising access with these considerations, and support member federations in challenging inappropriate restrictions.
- Liaise with international organisations on access and conservation issues and provide assistance, when requested, to member federations on such issues within their own countries.
- Foster research in support of the commissions aims.
- Provide regular articles on important issues to the UIAA Journal and other publications concerned with mountaineering and climbing issues.
- Be present and represented at major international conference where access and conservation issues are discussed.
MEMBERSHIP IN ACCESS COMMISSION
As confirmed by the Management Committee Munich May 2014
Ibáñez Martin (President) Juan Jesús, Spain( FEDME)
Paulsson (Secretary) Jonas, Sweeden (SKF)
Foppoli Lucia, Italy (CAI)
Jodlowski Milosz, Poland (PZA)
Saberi Hadi , Iran (I.R.ISMF)
Bagirov Hussein, Azerbaijan (FAIREX)
Bartle Jim, USA (AAC)
Beckers Lode Georges, Belgium (CMBEL)
Flitcroft Catherine, UK (BMC)
Hwang Hank ,Taipei (CTMA)
Kendall Roy, South Africa (MCSA)
Kolrud Helge J., Norway (NTK)
Onodera Hitoshi, Japan (JMA)
Petrov Boyan, Bulgaria (BCMF)
Queiros Joao Paulo, Portugal (FCMP)
Rebolledo Pablo, Chile (FEACH)
Senkal Nail, Turkey (ZMD)
Stephenson Brian, New Zealand (NZAC)
Barrachina Jose, Spain (FEDME)
Kiefer Ulrike, South Africa (MCSA)
Foppoli Lucia, Italy (CAI)
Swaroop Anand, India (IMF)
Bradford Kika, Brasil
Erberlein Joerg, Germany
Singh Soin Mandip, India
Link to UIAA Management Committee
Goldwin Korea and UIAA Join Forces - Ice Climbing World Cup
Cheongsong 2013 UIAA Ice Climbing World Cup
Mountain Equipment Testing 2
Trailer - 2013 UIAA Ice Climbing World Cup
UIAA Mountain Equipment Testing 3
Kirov Ice Climbing World Cup 2013
UIAA Ice Climbing World Cup 2008
Busteni, Romania - 2013 UIAA Ice Climbing World Cup
Mountaineering & Climbing
CH-3000 Bern 23 Switzerland
Tel: +41 (0)31 370 1828 - Fax: +41 (0)31 370 1838
This is the official website of the
International Climbing and Mountaineering Federation (UIAA)
© 2013 UIAA. All rights reserved.