The UIAA – International Climbing and Mountaineering Federation – has published its 2021 Annual Report. Anybody interested in receiving a printed...
• All selected projects are showcased on the UIAA website and global communication channels.
• The Best New Initiative is featured in a dedicated article and receives the respective logo and EUR 1’000 in prizemoney.
• The Runner-up to the winning project receives a EUR 4’000 financial remuneration, the right to use the silver MPA logo and is featured in a dedicated article.
• The Winner will be announced during a dedicated Award ceremony (at the 2022 UIAA General Assembly in Banff, Canada on 29 October) and receives EUR 10’000 in prizemoney. Thanks to the UIAA partnership with the Bally Peak Outlook Foundation, the winning project will further benefit from exclusive content creation and communication amplification through Bally’s worldwide press outreach and the UIAA’s global mountain network.
• Please note that the format of the official prizegiving may be subject to change. The successful 2022 UIAA MPA nominees will be showcased on the UIAA website from July 2022.
Skopje, North Macedonia, became the centre of European climbing and mountaineering when hosting the UIAA Spring meetings from 29 April – 3 May. The ...
The application process for the ninth edition of the UIAA Mountain Protection Award (MPA) is now open. The UIAA – International Climbing and Mountai...
The partnership between the UIAA and Bally was announced at the 2019 UIAA General Assembly.
The 2020-21 and 2022 MPAs will be partnered by Bally.
The Bally Peak Outlook Foundation was established in 2020, demonstrating the Swiss luxury brand’s long-term commitment to mountain preservation. With a mission to safeguard fragile alpine environments from the adverse effects of global warming and excessive outdoor tourism, the Bally Peak Outlook Foundation aims to raise awareness around the issues threatening the future of these extreme landscapes and empowering local communities and reputable, on-the-ground partners to drive positive and sustainable change. To learn more, visit Bally.com/peakoutlook
Bally is a Swiss luxury brand established in 1851, with a rich heritage in shoemaking, and a longstanding relationship to architecture, arts and the environment. Today, the brand offers unique designs across shoes, accessories and ready-to-wear, driven by a dedication to craftsmanship and a contemporary aesthetic. Bally has over 300 retail stores and 500 multi-brand points of sale that span across 66 countries worldwide, including a global e-commerce platform serving 34 countries. For more information, please visit Bally.com